A H & Sons provide a range of loft conversions services across Essex and our team of Loft Conversions Essex professionals are here to support you every step of the way. There are many reasons for choosing to extend or convert your loft into more living space.
Why convert your loft in Essex?
Are you using your loft space in Essex for storage of items that are unused or you had completely forgotten were even up there? This is wasted space that could be used for extra living facilities within your home, our loft conversion Essex experts can add value to your home and create useful living space.
What do you need?
- An extra bedroom for the family or guests?
- The privacy of your own office for work?
- Is the house cluttered with children’s toys? Why not convert a room into a playroom?
- An extra bathroom or wash room?
Loft Conversion Essex Design
The design of your loft can be made to suit your needs or requirements through a variety of different loft types, as individual taste varies.
- The idea of a loft conversion in Essex is also an opportunity to improve the quality of insulation in your roof, as poor loft insulation is a huge factor of heat loss within your home. This can also reduce the heating bill costs by up to 20%.
- Loft extensions in Essex are ideal for extending the size of your house and will add an increase in the value of your property, as there is more living space being added.
- When the work is carried out in your home, we guarantee that the level of disturbance is kept to a minimum and our hours of maintenance will be those best suited to the customer. The materials and equipment that are used for the job will be taken directly up to the loft via the roof. If there is any reason that materials need to be brought into the house, we will lay protective covering within your home to ensure there is no damage.
The five main types of loft conversions in Essex are:
- Rear dormer loft conversion
- Front dormer loft conversion- side dormer loft conversion
- Hip to gable loft conversion
- Mansard loft conversion
Our company specialises in loft conversions in and around the Essex area. The employees all have a wide range of knowledge and experience in their line of work and can guarantee top quality work carried out on your conversion. The work we do is complete; from the design and planning to the final plaster.
Average cost is £15,000 to £50,000
This excludes the costs of; local authority fees, sanitary ware, specialist floor finishes, ceramic tiles and decorating.
Depending on the size of the job, between 4 and 8 weeks.
There is no reason to temporarily move out, as the majority of the work is done through the roof, creating the lowest amount of disturbance possible.
- Free evaluation of the property
- Free quote
- Architectural designs and planning of the conversion
- Application for planning permission through the local council
- Full staircase installation
- Improved loft insulation
Your Loft Converison Essex Step by Step
- Entering the roof – We make a small hole in the roof to access the loft
- Floor beams – Laid to create the floor
- Tiles are removed to feed through the support beams. The framework is built
- Main beams
- Ceiling/ en-suite bathroom
- The old roof is taken out. The dormer is boarded
- Stair Hatch
- Cut out of the floor
- Velux windows and roof
- Internal walls
- Tiled and seated. Pipe work is connected
To have a loft conversions Essex proffesional create your perfect living space, you need to consider the height within the loft. To do this, measurements need to be made from the top of the ceiling joist to the bottom of the roof ridge board, which is located in the apex of the loft. It needs to measure at least 2.2 metres (2200mm).
All loft conversions require the Building Control Department, which is the Local Authority to check and asses the conversion during the various stages of construction.
The regulations of the building trade may affect the type of conversion you’re able to have. Also, the area in which you live in, can also be a factor that restricts the type of conversion liable to you. An application for planning permission may be needed in some cases, particularly if the size of the conversion exceeds 40 cubic metres.
The company will arrange for a draughtsman to draw up the plans, which will then be completed and sent back to you. If you are satisfied, the drawings and structural calculations will be presented to the Local Authority for approval.
If your looking for loft conversions Essex proffesional then call A H & Sons today on 07957 923 923 or contact us via the website for a fast and free quotation. Our team are have the skills and knowledge to complete your loft conversion to the highest standards and completely stress free.